Starting today, the long-awaited version 3.0 of the Aviary iOS SDK comes out of beta for its official release! This is one of the biggest SDK updates we've ever released, stacked with lots of new features, bug fixes, and even some changes to the way the SDK works under the hood, specifically around customization.
3.0 has all of the great features we rolled out to our iOS Showcase app, which has gotten tremendous feedback from our users. This app is used by millions around the globe, so you can be sure that the features we're introducing today in the SDK have been officially road-tested and are ready for prime time. If you haven't had a chance to check out the app, let me recap on what we've introduced and also fill you in on the SDK-specific stuff:
- Sleek, Streamlined Interface with Improved Customization
- New Interface Customizer - Dedicated Mac App that makes editor interface customization simpler and much more flexible
- New Focus Tool - Also known as Tilt Shift, this tool draws attention to the subject of your photo by defining the photo's focal point
- New Warmth Tool - Adjusts the photo's color balance
- Improved Enhance Tool - Hi-Def enhance smartly sharpens and adjusts contrast, Illuminate improves poor-lighting, and we've renamed Balance to Color Fix
- Instant Editor Load - Actual editor load time has been drastically reduced due to improved interface rendering
- Less Memory Consumption for High Resolution Editing
- Reduced Bundle Size - Halved the weight of the SDK's asset bundle
- Bug Fixes
- Stability Improvements
- Removes all references to UDIDs - We've updated our Localytics analytics library to the most recent version to comply with new App Store guidelines.
That last bullet is incredibly important. After May 1st, Apple will start rejecting apps that make reference to UDIDs, so if you plan on submitting an update to your app after that day, you'll need to update to 3.0 before doing so. Check out Localytics' blog for more information on the UDID issue.