If you are a developer and would like access to the API when it is released, please contact us at aviary_api(a)worth1000.com.
The API will allow third party developers to:
- Develop new ActionScript 3 based tools that use the Aviary platform framework (including our GUI and codebase).
- Develop new ActionScript 3 plugins and controls for use by other tools in the Aviary GUI framework.
- Access and sell third party digital works through the Aviary marketplace.
- Access and store digital works on our distributed file network, Rookery.
- Search for and return digital works from our distributed file network, Rookery.
The GUI uses the Cairngorm pattern framework, which will allow for easier integration into other tools.
Here are some mockups of the new GUI interface. Every aspect is templatable and customizable for whichever specific tool will be made:
We also will include horizontal panels that are not featured in the screenshots (i.e. these would be good for applications that use timelines).]]