Since announcing the West Coast Edition of Photo Hack Day July 14-15 at the very cool offices of Dropbox, Bay Area developers and designers have been patiently waiting to hear what prizes will be up for grabs... well wait no more, here is the official list!
1st place: $7,000
2nd place: $2,000
3rd place: $1,000
Hacks will be judged on technical accomplishment, cleverness, originality, and of course, the usefulness of the application.. with bonus points for something completely unique!
Along with the top 3 prizes, our awesome partners will reward participants with prizes for the best use of their API. Make sure to follow @photohacksf on Twitter for the latest news, as this list will be updated regularly! More prizes coming soon!
- New York Startup immersion - We'll sponsor your trip to NYC with free use of our office space, networking opportunities, and $1000 cash to help subsidize your NYC adventure!
- $2500 in Facebook ads credits, and FB sweatshirts for the winning team
- A Fujifilm X10 premium compact camera from the award-winning X-Series for the best hack using their API as well as other FinePix digital cameras for runner-ups.
- A free one year 500px Awesome account for everybody participating in the hack day. They'll also be giving out special prizes for the best use of 500px API
- Startup accounts ($300 value) to all dev attendees.
- Kindle Fire + $50 Twilio credit for best use of the Twilio API
- Cool prizes (TBD) all throughout the event!
Fireside Chat Panel announced!
The topic will be "The Future of Photos", and will include:
- Avi Muchnick, Aviary, CEO (moderator)
- Lucas Buick, Hipstamatic, CEO
- Dirk Stoop, Facebook, lead PM on Photos
- Bryan O'Neil Hughes, Adobe, Senior PM for PS and Lightroom
- Kristen Berman, Lytro, Product Manager